A handy list of other Sprinter (and ProMaster/Transit, etc.) builds that I’ve found helpful from most helpful (for me) to least:
- Sprinter Van USA – This new site has a lot of the elements I’m using. He calls it the new normal.
- Sprinter Van Diaries – This is a really nice build with storage along one side of the bed.
- Traipsing About – I love how he thought everything through. I already wish I could start over with a shorter van because of this site. He also has awesome productivity info.
- A Tiny Home on Wheels – another Portland area build. A very nice build with a full wet bath.
- Sprinter Van Rat – Van Rat takes you behind the scenes of this 4x4 build. His people have been living on a boat for a while, so they know tiny, mobile living. Lots of good, detailed instructions.
- Stealth Sprinter – This one is amazing! Bed is hoisted to the ceiling to access the lounge area. They get a comfortable bed that stays made up, AND a lounge area.
- Fuck the Banks, I’ll Build My Own Damn House! – Very detailed write up of the entire process from start to on the road and beyond with a 136″ ProMaster built for one.
- Defying Normal – another very detailed site – this one on a Chevy Express. She has a 4 minute video of her build, as well as a photo walk-through that’s fully captioned. She had no prior experience – very motivating site.
- Deep Red – Awesome DIY with really great convertible bed design. This is a forward lounge plan with full bath in the back. Has step-by-step instructions.
- Sprinter Life – Details of a Sportsmobile build including what they chose and why.
- Stealth Camper Conversion – DIY build on a GMC Savana. I wouldn’t want a bed like his, but it is cleaver! He has documented all his steps from start to finish.
- Build a Green RV – more of a collection of info
- Off the Grid and On the Map – Lots of construction pictures – he doesn’t actually say what kind of van, but it’s short and long.
- Dennis Vagt’s 2013 Nissan NV Camper – This is a photobucket – great pictures of an innovative build without fridge or sink. Great hidden toilet solution!
- Paul and Mike Convert a Mid/Tall T1N Sprinter Cargo – VERY detailed write-up. If you want to know exactly how to – check this one out.
- Van Adventures in America – Ron Tanner’s DIY 118″ Sprinter with lots of videos, pictures, tutorials. Be sure to check out his full tour, it’s where we got the idea for the Berkey. Thank you, Ron!
- Sprinter RV – A large collection of information. They also have a book that I would recommend reading.
- Craftsman Vans’ Boondocker – the van I initially wanted. It’s a sales page, but has equipment details and good pictures.
- Advancing Alvar – This is a forum post with lots of detail on a Sprinter built by Advanced RV. Starting on page 5 is a very detailed discussion of Lithium batteries.
- The Campervan Converts – Gotta read through them all, so I’m including this write-up. They’ve done a nice job. Check out their ceiling!
- Morehead Design Labs has some very innovative builds. The site is a little anti-intuitive, and there are lots of extraneous pictures, but there are also some great ideas here. If I lived closer, I probably would have hired them to do my build.
- Green RV Life – eco-friendly Airstream remodel with composting toilet details and lots of resource links.
- Vanna White – Building slowly on a Transit. Great adventuring info around the NW with wonderful images.
- Tiny Camper – A simple build with twin beds and interesting shower solution.
- Gone with the Wynns – not even close to a Sprinter, but lots of great info on RVing.
- And for eye candy: ReiseVan
I hate broken links! If you find one here, PLEASE let me know so I can fix it!
I’m not making anything up on my build! Heck, I’m not even BUILDING my build! But, like you, I am researching and trying to find the info I need to pick everything I need to pick so my amazing builder can build it for me. It’s called custom for a reason!
- Vanna White’s Acoustic Insulation
- Sound & Thermal at Sprinter Van Diaries
- Full discussion on insulation at SprinterSource – caution – may cause confusion!
- Really sensible eBook at Cargo Van Conversion
- Using Reflectex & Fiberglass at Fuck the Banks – Good pictures of the process (although I wouldn’t choose this product.
- Links to products at SprinterSource – really useful for trying to figure out what’s available and where to get it!
- RAAMmat – sound deadening source
- Perfect Fit – wholesale fabrics, fasteners, insulation
- Thinsulate from Hein
- Paperstone in Leather is my top choice – you can get remnants from the factory and save a ton of $$ for this top-quality counter.
- Eco by Consentino
- alkemi – interesting recycled countertop material with shaved aluminum or (my preference) shaved copper – stunning
- Advanced RV explanation of an elegant cabin/water heating solution.
- Installing the Espar D2 at Traipsing About
The Vanual, Complete Guide to Complete Freedom – this is a very cool, very well done website with lots of great info. Although I do disagree with him on all his essentials and his alternatives. He does have a lot of great info and great ideas. And the build he did on his old, Chevy van is swoon-worthy!
The Sprinter RV Conversion Sourcebook – this is an eBook that you would need to purchase. It’s only $37 and he gives you free lifetime updates. It’s a great place to start and has really good advice for someone considering converting a Sprinter.