Where do you go to get REAL food on the road?
First, let’s define what we’re talking about when we say “REAL food”, because, surprisingly, this varies quite a bit from person to person!
Real Food is:
- Farm fresh from small, local farms
- Vegetable focused
- Animal products are pasture-raised (happy animals)
- Beef is grass-fed, grass-finished
- Abundant gluten-free, dairy-free options
- Sweeteners, if any, come from dates, maple syrup, or honey
- Packaged products don’t contain lots of chemical additives
What we look for in sources:
- Farmers Markets
- Natural Food Grocery
- Natural Food Co-ops
- “Hippie” Restaurants – you know – the places that have brown rice, kale, and bowls – always bowls!